background

Monday, February 28, 2011

Case of the Monday's

How is it that Monday's always seem to sneak up so quickly? Today's been a rough day for me.... I was involved in something at work that I have no control over (again!). However, things will work themselves out and I need to keep that in mind.

S is currently out of state doing his deployment prep. Tomorrow will be filled with lots of shots, paperwork and tests to make sure he's ready for deployment. I'm hoping that his body reacts well to the different medications and immunizations and that he doesn't have to visit medical or have a reaction.

The last couple days have been a little tough for me. I had a lot of fun this weekend - Friday night I went to see my brother-in-law's band play with my sister, and Saturday some of my girls and I had a 'Just Dance' competition and went out for a few drinks. However, getting ready Saturday night to go over to Jenny's, I had my first breakdown since I found out about S's deployment. I think everything caught up with me and I'm having a hard time staying positive. I feel like S is pulling away from me and detaching.... Everything I've read about how a soldier prepares for deployment says that seperation is normal, but it doesn't make me feel any better. And naturally, when he pulls away I try to get closer. I also feel like there's more tension with him. He's anxious and wants to just get going, and I think we're both tired of talking about it. I know it's a stage and I have to have faith that all will work out... but it doesn't make it easier. All I can do is support him and try to have an open mind about the next few weeks/months.

I keep having to remind myself that thousands of girlfriends/wives/families go through this every day; if they can do it, so can I. However, I will say that having to deal with this really sucks. It has made me look more closely at what our mission is overseas and the ongoing war. Please remember as you enjoy the choices you get to make everyday, that freedom comes with a price. Even though it has been 9 1/2 years since 9/11, there are still soldiers putting their lives on hold every day and fighting for peace and equality. Even though the media coverage has stopped and people have moved on with their lives, please don't forget what our brave boyfriends, husbands, brothers, fathers, sisters and mothers are doing. Keep them and their loved ones in your prayers.


"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything" Phillipeans 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!