background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A countdown begins

Not gonna lie.... this was a very long week and there wasn't much that was good or fun about it.  Except for one thing....

I guess I should start at the begining... My friend Kara and I started to hang out together towards the end of our freshman year of high school through mutual friends.  We had crossed paths multiple times growing up because we both played soccer and competed at the same dance studio, but hadn't really spent much time together.  Our sophomore year of high school, we both put on the football cheerleadering squad and that's when we really started to get close.  Ever since, she has been a major part of my life and one of my very best friends.

Through the last 13 years, I've been by her side as she dated, fell in love, and (at times) had her heart broken.  And then she met Ryan.  Over the last 5 years, I've spent lots of time with them watching Vikings games during Sunday Fundays, heading out on to bars on the weekends, playing poker in our nasty apartment in uptown, to name a few things.  Through all of it, I watched them fall in love and last month he asked her to marry him.

Which brings me back to my favorite part of the week -- their engagement party last night!  It was such a fantastic night and I had so much fun with them and all of our friends.  And to top it all off, I was honored to have Kara ask me to be one of her bridesmaids. 

I couldn't be happier for them and am already counting down the days to 10/20/12 :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!