background

Monday, December 12, 2011

Here's hoping...

Tonight I feel inspired, at peace, and happy with life as it stands.  Work is still out of control, my love life is non-existent, and I dont' have much for free time.  But I have an amazing family and friends, I have a job, I have love in my life, and I have my health.

About a month ago I started taking yoga with my sister-in-law.  We had an unlimited week for free at a studio near by and I was hopeful that I would continue afterwards.  However, a part of me figured it would be like any other workout that I had tried... Like when I was going to be a runner, going to do kickboxing at the gym, going to be a cyclist.  I'd do it for a few days, spend a ton of money on equiptment, a membership, etc, and then completely avoid it and find an excuse not to do it.  It just wasn't right and it didn't suit me.  But I love yoga.  Seriously. 

I look forward to it all day.... I make myself leave work on time and even go in early so I don't have to stay late wrapping up my email.  I love the way I walk out of a class, compeletly glistening with sweat and absolutely exhausted.... but at peace.  I haven't felt confident in myself or in my own skin in a while... and it's a feeling that I crave. 

I have absolutely no intention of falling off this wagon.  Not only is practicing yoga good for my stress levels and anxiety, it's great for my soul and it makes me feel like I'm 14 again, stretching and balancing and pushing myself as a dancer. 

I've also started to think more broadly about what practicing yoga has taught me about life in general.... I've dated a decent number of men.  I've gone into each relationship with the best intentions, invested everything I had, but it was never enough.  No matter how much I wanted to (or did) love that person, it just wasn't there.  I'm optimistic now that I will meet someone and it will just be right.... It won't be hard, it won't be a struggle, and that person will fulfill the void in my heart more than I ever thought possible.

So here's hoping....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!