background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the season

I love Christmas and everything about it.  I love how the lights on houses and trees make an incredibly dark night bright and cheery.  I love that despite the good or bad events that have happened over the last 12 months, Christmas brings people, families, and friends together....   And I love the candlelight service on Christmas Eve at Church.  Most of all, though, I truly love planning the perfect gift for my loved ones.

Most people would call me nuts... I prefer to think of myself as a Christmas enthusiast.  My tree has been up since the weekend before Thanksgiving, I've been secretly listening to Christmas music at work since the beginning of November,  I plan out my Black Friday shopping, and I have a detailed Excel spreadsheet tracking gifts for my family.  AND I LOVE IT!

I spend hours at a time doing research online, searching Target.com, Amazon, or blogs to identify a few possible gifts.  And then I strike.... I'm extremely proud of some of the deals I got this year.  The only problem is that I've been done with my shopping for a week.  So many days left of the holiday shopping season.... and my gifts are already wrapped an under my tree.

Correction:  The bigger problem is keeping my oh-so-fantastic gifts a secret until Christmas.  It kills me every year!  I get so excited and I want to give the gift right then and there..... But don't worry, I find a way to keep my trap shut.  

Hope your holiday season is merry and bright!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!