background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

11 Minutes

I got to talk to S today! I got a whole 11 minutes of uninterrupted conversation. I miss him so much and that's all I wanted to tell him. But instead, I asked what he's been doing, how he's feeling, and asked him about details of his last 3 weeks. I told him what I've been up to, how far I've gotten on the piles of DVD's and TV series he left me... That's when he questioned my thoughts/progress on one Army drama series in particular. (I'm about half way into season 2). He told me he wanted me to watch it to see how the families and wives dealt with some of the various situations and the huge amount of confidential/classified information they had to go without. It really put even more emphasis on the fact that this is so real. For both of us.

He told me that he will also only have internet overseas for a very brief time. Does anyone know the best cell phone or service to get in order to keep in touch with people in Iraq? I've heard about Vonyage but haven't researched yet.

I'm starting to read 'Seperated by Duty, United in Love' based on some recommendations. Hoping it can give me some additional insights for the next year.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me it's not "The Unit"....Unless he is Delta Force, it's not even anywhere like that. lol. There is really no tv series that is realistic...just be adaptable and accept that it is sometimes a lonely life. It is also very rewarding and interesting. Keep communication open and you will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!