background

Monday, April 25, 2011

I miss you...

Waiting by the phone... I've never felt so dependent on a piece of technology in my life.  I carry it with me all the time - at work or at home - so that I don't miss that last call before BF turns his phone off for the year.  I'm terrified that I'll be in a meeting I can't walk out of and have to watch my screen light up with his name and picture until it goes black again.  I've already warned my co-workers that I'll have my phone with me and if I walk out of a meeting, that's why.  But looking at my calendar there are a few meetings I won't be able to walk out of...

Easter was a good day... Went to church with my mom and she, as usual, went all out with cooking/baking.  Around 4:30 I headed to my dad's for round 2.  I really enjoyed seeing my family (and especially J's growing belly!) but my favorite part of the day was my 40 minute conversation with S.  He was off post for a few days so he was himself again - we both laughed a lot and caught up on what's been going on the past few weeks.  It's going to be really hard for me to get used to email and not hearing his voice.  He's not a talker as is, so the communication I get may be a little short.  And, I will truly miss hearing his voice as he talks to me.

“I miss you when something really good happens, because you are the one I want to share it with.

I miss you when something is troubling me, because you are the one who understands me so well.

I miss you when I laugh and cry because i know that you are the one that makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear.

I miss you all the time, but I miss you most when i lay awake at night and think of all the wonderful times we spent with eachother;for those were some of the best times of my life.” Unknown

 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Will you guys be able to use Skype or some other webcam program? When my Dad was deployed to A-stan, we used Windows Live so that we could webcam and talk, and he used Skype to be able to call us. Right now, my boyfriend and I rely on Skype for webcam/voice calls. If you haven't considered it yet and your soldier is able to use it, you should consider downloading Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note... I was hoping we would be able to but it will be a while before he gets set up and then most likely he will only have internet for the first couple months. I'd love the opportunity to Skype though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he doesn't call you when you're not able to talk! That wouldn't be good at all :( I hate the feeling of being so dependent on technology.... just waiting for that one phone call! Even if it's a couple seconds long!
    keep your head up girly!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to talk to him. Did i miss why you wont be talking for a year? And woooo-hooooo for the wii! It's addictive and i've never played video games before that. I'm kinda clutsy so I think it's entertainment just watching me play the thing!
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sad to hear! :-( I agree with Krystal. Keep your head up and keep talking about how you feel here. Us Army Girlfriends need to stick together to get through times like these.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!