Confession: I think I may be turning into that girl.
I find myself throwing S's name into conversations whenever I have a chance, bringing up where he is, what we used to do together, funny stories and really anything relating to him.
To other people, that must be irritating. Who wants to carry on a conversation with someone who keeps finding ways to talk about their boyfriend?
But it's all I have right now.
I haven't seen my boyfriend since March.
Haven't heard his voice since April/May
Am lucky if I get a brief email every two days.
And I miss him... so much that it makes me feel empty at times.
I am surrounded by couples, families, people living their lives.
And the only way I can feel like I'm living mine is to make him a part of it.....
So to those of you I may talk to about my latest email from BF, the funny thing he said when we went to that one movie, or any other story you've probably heard multiple times, please be patient with me and just let me talk. Saying his name outloud helps me keep him in my daily life.
I feel like that girl sometimes as well. My friends have explained it to me that sometimes they don't know how to handle the deployment and just don't ask. When in actuality I want to talk about it! Ask me about him and what he's up to.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about being "that girl", keep talking and your family/friends will understand that is how you keep him close and in your thoughts.
I'm about to be in the same boat as you. The countdown to sadness has begun for me...i'm welcoming the test I suppose....I heard someone say you can't have a testimony without a test. But I wouldn't care what others thought...everyone is on a different journey and if they were on yours they may do the same thing!
ReplyDelete{tara} from Undeserving Grace