background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arbor Day

I feel very lucky to work for a company that values community giving and volunteering.  This afternoon 6 of my coworkers and I went to a park in Minneapolis and participated in the Arbor Day annual tree planting event with other corporate groups and school classes.  In total, about 210 trees were planted today and our group contributed to about 25 of them.   The weather was great and there were a lot of laughs throughout the afternoon. 

Once we were done, it was amazing to look around and truly see the impact that can be made by a group of people working together for even a few hours.  You figure out a game plan, plant the first tree, and one by one work your way down the park.  Before I knew it, we had planted our last tree and I looked back to see everything that we'd done together. 

Reminds me of what I'm going through now with S overseas.  A year is so truly overwhelming to think about.  But I just have to start; one day and then the next and then the next.  I need to remember what I want to accomplish while I go through the year and (hopefully!) I will be able to look back and realize not only have I made it through the year, but I've accomplished a lot in the process.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!